Snake Gourd – Chinese Cucumber, Potlakaaya, Pudalankaai, Padavalanga – 5 Seeds
Snake Gourd – Chinese Cucumber, Potlakaaya, Pudalankaai, Padavalanga, Chichinga – 5 seeds
Extreme grower! The photo you are viewing is a snapshot from the vine.
They are very easy to grow & easy to maintain.
Best time to sow seeds after frost. Seeds need min 20°C to germinate . Soak the seeds in water for a few hours before planting and sow them in a sunny, well-drained position. Germinates between 4-5 weeks.
I do combine shipping. Any amount of seeds you buy from my store, you pay $2 for standard shipping.
Due to quarantine restrictions, seeds can't be sent to Tasmania.
Snake Gourd benefits
Snake gourd is a very nutritious vegetable. An analysis of this vegetable shows it to consists of moisture 94.6 percent, protein 0.5 percent, fat 0.3 percent, fibre 0.8 percent and carbohydrate 3.3 percent per 100 grams of edible portion. Its mineral and vitamin contents are calcium 26 mg. percent, phosphorus 20 mg. percent, iron 0.3 mg. percent, carotene 96mg. percent, thiamin 0.04 percent, riboflavin 0.06 mg percent, niacin 0.3 mg. percent. Its calorific value is 18.
Its health benefits are:-
• Snake gourd is a natural antibiotic, expectorant, and laxative.
• It has anti-inflammatory properties and can disperse phlegm, remove pus, expel toxic matter from the body
• It creates a cooling effect in the body.
• It enhances the processing of nutrition in the body and restores the normal function of the system.
• Snake gourd helps stimulate the production of body fluids, relieving dryness.
• An intake of Snake gourd is useful in reducing bilious fever.
• Snake gourd is considered useful in treating diabetes especially by those with Type-II diabetics to reduce weight and also at the same time get adequate nourishment.
• The juice of the fresh leaves of snake gourd is useful in the disorders of the heart like palpitation and pain in the heart on physical exertion.
• An intake of the decoction of the leaves is beneficial in the treatment of jaundice.
• The juice of the snake gourd leaves when applied to the scalp treating Alopecia, a disease of the scalp resulting in complete or partial baldness.
• Since its high in fiber it also relieves constipation.
Please Note import duties, taxes, and other charges are NOT INCLUDED in the item price or shipping and handling cost. These are the buyer's responsibility. Before you buy the seeds please CHECK YOUR CUSTOM'S RULES & REGULATIONS if you are allowed to bring these seeds into your country. I won't be responsible or will not give you refund or resend the seeds if the seeds are confiscated by your custom.